The Dementia Prevention Programme (Programm Demenz Prävention, pdp) is an integrated care concept integrating lifestyle interventions based on best medical practice to prevent the burden of dementia in the Luxembourg population. The pdp identifies a target population with mild or subjective cognitive impairment and takes advantages of a personalized assessment of risk factors to define individual interventions to reduce the risk for dementia in order to prevent or at least delay disease progression. For more information on pdp, please visit: http://www.demenz.lu/online/www/nav_content/29/DEU/index.html.
To support the Head of the Translational Neuroscience Group in the “Programm Demenz Prävention (pdp)”, we are currently looking for an energetic, highly motivated, conscientious, trustworthy, diplomatic and detail-oriented (neuro)psychologist (ou conseiller/ère en gérontologie) who enjoys making a difference and being part of a team. The ability to work in a fast-paced international academic environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
Tasks / Activities
The successful candidate will work together with Prof. Dr. Rejko Krüger (coordinator of the programme), two (neuro)psychologists, a project manager and an administrative assistant. Your responsibilities will be the recruitment of referred candidates to the programme, the application of neuropsychological tests, the establishment of a risk factor profile and the proposition of a tailor-made set of different measures in order to prevent or at least delay dementia. You will be in contact with all pdp participants and with allied healthcare professionals and programme partner organisations and institutions.
Specific tasks can include:
- Perform neuropsychological assessments in participants with a mild or subjective cognitive impairment according to the programme-specific case report form (CRF)
- Apply and further develop standards for clinical evaluation and coaching of participants
- Apply and develop workflows for integration of participants
- Support stakeholder management in the programme in a multidisciplinary environment
- Contribute to annual reports and active participation in communication and outreach campaigns
- Active participation in international networks for dementia prevention (EU and World-wide FINGERS)
- Write scientific publications and grant applications in the area of dementia prevention
- Network with multidisciplinary researchers and stakeholders in fundamental and clinical research, as well as integrated care
- Master in psychology/psychological sciences or gerontology, preferably with specialization in cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, clinical psychology
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written German, French and English. Oral communication skills in Luxembourgish would be an asset
- Ability to adapt and effectively organize. Excellent organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong communication skills as well as solid stakeholder management skills
- Practical experience in healthcare and research will be seen as asset
- High level competency in MS Office
- An enthusiastic multidisciplinary team of highly motivated healthcare professionals, clinical researchers and fundamental scientists
- Opportunity to lead the development of new research and integrated care concepts
- An excellent international network in the area of neurodegenerative research
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting international research environment in the developing area of prevention in neurodegeneration
- Internal position title at the University of Luxembourg: Research & Development specialist
- Competitive salaries based on the candidate's experience
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (renewable)
- Half-time position (20h / w) with two employment contracts: employee status at the University of Luxembourg (25% part-time / 10h p.w.) and at the Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg (25% part-time / 10h p.w.) - the weekly schedule is to be discussed
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Research and development specialist
- Foreseen starting date: as soon as possible
- Job Reference: UOL03932
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- Description of past working experience and future interests
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Here’s what awaits you at the University
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
For further enquiries, please contact Dr. Anne Kaysen (email@example.com), project manager of pdp.