The Head of Accounting & Regulatory Reporting will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will have the overall responsibility for Advanzia’s Accounting and Regulatory Reporting team. You will be in charge of developing the function and team members to support the growth of our business in a fast-changing environment. As part of the Finance department, you will play a leading role to ensure that Advanzia presents timely and accurate information to shareholders, the regulator as well as the market in general. This opportunity is a full-time CDI contract.
ABOUT THE JOB l What will you do?
As a Head of Accounting & Regulatory Reporting, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Overall responsibility for the Accounting and Regulatory reporting team, including tax matters
- Develop and leverage the features of the bank’s accounting and reporting systems
- Provide and develop the necessary policies, procedures, routines and instructions
- Ensure that accounting records and data are registered in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations
- Establish and monitor controls in place to ensure the correctness of the reported accounts
- Liaise with third party providers, such as auditors, consultants, etc.
- Participate in the bank’s internal projects and supervise the team members’ participation in projects
- Develop the team and ensure the required knowledge is always up to date
ABOUT YOU l What’s your background?
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or similar (alternatively sufficient relevant work experience in the field of Accounting & Regulatory Reporting)
- At least ten years of work experience in banking, financial services or external banking audit
- ACCA certification or similar is advantageous
- In-depth knowledge about the preparation of annual financial statements and long form reports
- Experience with accounting and reporting tools and banking systems (e.g. T24, Navision, WKFS FRS, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS as adopted by EU, FINREP/COREP and CRR/CRD
- Proficiency in usage of Microsoft Office (mainly MS Excel and MS Word)
- Proven team management skills
- Experience with SQL is an asset
WHAT WE EXPECT l What are your skills?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and to organise larger tasks and projects
- Focus on quality and meeting deadlines
- Open-minded approach to accept new challenges and requirements and ability to actively drive the transition of business processes
- Fluency in English is mandatory; French, German or other languages are advantageous
WHAT WE OFFER l What advantages will you have?
- Competitive salary package
- Wide range of additional benefits, e.g. Sympass, luncheon vouchers, transportation allowance, etc.
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Participation in various Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects as part of the bank’s Advanzia Plus initiative
Where you will be working
Located in bright and modern offices in Munsbach at 15 minutes from Luxembourg City, Advanzia currently employs more than 200 staff from all over the world. We offer a pleasant and collaborative working atmosphere in a truly multicultural environment.